So, here I am, in Skyline for the third time. I've eaten my Rocky Road and Bethany is actually here this time. Actually, she's kind of giving away my cool executive business-person act. It just looks like two sister messing about on a laptop. At least I'm not alone I suppose.
Except it's also different because we are in Burger King, right next to where eveeeerrryonnne walks. And anyone whio walks by can glance at this screen. At least in Costa it's almost private...
And the smell of wet dog just wafted in. It was gross. And there is an endless stream of people looking over my shoulder. If nothing else, writing this has shown me just how nosy some people can be.
Today we went to the beach, and it was FREEZING. I mean, I get cold easily and all, but I was wearing a tiny dress and no tights, so it was kinda even worse. We stuck it out for ages, and at one point I thought I was going to get peed on by a little yappy Jack Russell. I glared at it and it ran away. Otherwise if it was sucessful I would have sued. Eventually we gave up. And I am never going to a beach again. The sand stuck to my wet feet because I paddled in the very very cold water and then it's like rubbing them with sandpaper when you try to get it off. Euugh.
And as always, some teenagers walked past trying not to peer obviously, and the girls gave me dirty looks. Fab. They probably go to the Youth things and talk about me. I would be "that girl who is trying to look like she belongs with a laptop but she doesn't and we see right through her pretence". Not that many teenagers these days know big words like "pretence"... or in fact, small words like "is"...
And OMG, some kid is literally standing there staring. I glanced up and he was just looking right at me, and he didn't even try to look away when I saw him. Honestly, if you stare, at least try to be subtle about it.
Well, tomorrow is Day 5 at Spring Harvest, and chances are my last day to blog at the Skyline. It will be a sad, sad day.
Byee xx
Friday, 16 April 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
stop pilin sand over my laptop.......
ReplyDeleteGood to see Scrap is writing blogs. All the cool people do, I mean, I write one after all. Hint Hint Hinterdy Hint Hint.
ReplyDeleteJiril, stop being a girl. Man it up Skype Pal!